Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Catching up



With Robbie having to work long hours. I ventured off base by foot yesterday. I walked to the seyio and the deiso. It was a nice 10 minute walk from the gate. Boy, are their sidewalks very narrow. Everything is so tiny here. Walking there, I didn't realize how quick the walk is. I got their about 20 minutes before they opened and just ventured a little down the street. I was surprised to see (what we in the south call a creek) a river in Fussa and a cute little statue that I had to take a picture of. I love the statue.

Got back to the base and later that evening found out 15 minutes before a we were suppose to be there that Avery had football assessments. He did really good and enjoyed them, to bad it is flag football though. We go Tuesday to the parent meeting and find out what team he is on.

I signed them up for November swimming lessons and Avery will be in level four and Hunter is still in level three. Avery had art club after school today before their swimming lessons. I volunteered in it and they made cute little pencil holders out of clay. Hunter got to participate because I volunteered. (it is for fourth and fifth graders). They are going to fire them and then they get to paint them. Once we get them back, I will post a picture of them on here. Hunter put a bear on a river trying to get fish on his. and Avery did a game system and TV on his. Then they had swimming lessons.

Can't wait until November 1st, when they have ITT sign up for December. I am going to sign us up for Disneyland as a suprise present for the boys for Christmas. It might be an early present depending on when the tour is. I still can't wait until spring to do the Mount Fuji trip. The boys are wanting to do China. They want to walk the great wall. Not sure what all we are going to do the four years we are here, but they have lots of options.

No comments: