Saturday, February 14, 2009
Saturday outing
Today the boys and I had a nice outing. After weeks of it being in the 30's , I think it got up to 60's today. The boys were saying it was so hot outside. I guess they forgot what the summer was like. Robbie has weekend duty, so we ain't doing to much of anything this weekend. But since I had to go grocery shopping, I dropped him off at work and we went first to the shrine sale on base. Avery got some kind of Japanese counter, Hunter got a Bear statue, and I picked up a framed picture with a Gehisa and some Cherry Blossoms. Then we went for a walk off base to the Seiyu and the Deiso. The boys had fun and it is about a ten to 15 minute walk from the base. They picked out some bean bags that the Japanese kids play with and they also picked up pop guns at the 100 yen store. They are a big thing with the boy's friends over here. While we were in the 100 yen store, this little old lady smiled at us and was smiling at Avery , I am not sure if she was asking how old he was or what. I pointed at Avery and Hunter and held up two and then she smiled at Avery again, Hunter ran off to the next isle and she said something to me again, that I don't understand. I said he was 8 (in English of course) and then she said something else to me. I just smiled and said sumimasen and Wakarimasen. (I am sorry, I don't understand) She just smiled and started to talk to her friend and the both smiled at us. I have been told that they really like the blue eyes and blond hair, but we only have blue eyes. Next weekend they are having a Asian Bazaar sale on base. That will be our adventure for next weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment