Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!


Did the picture make you wonder what the heck I was making? Yea I started to wonder too. I went to the commissary a few days ago and they had sweet potatoes there. I knew they looked a little funny, but didn't think anything of it. So I picked them up and took them home. I got them ready for today , by boiling them , so i can peel them and mash them up. Once I started to peel them, I noticed that they looked unfamiliar to me. I quickly ran upstairs to check online and make sure I didn't pick something up by mistake. These are called ube or purple yams. They look very weird. and I guess it will take some getting use to eating purple yams. Hunter said he doesn't even want to try them. Robbie came home from work and thought I was mashing up moldy sweet potatoes. hahahaha. I guess this is one of the many cultural shocks we will get while we are here for the next three and half years.

No comments: