Saturday, December 13, 2008

Weekend News

Avery had his last football game today and they won. They played a great game and of course I didn't bring the camera and Avery made a touchdown and got an interception. The team they played , they lost against in an early match up and during that game the other team was trying to tackle and hurt our players and calling them all kinds of name and cussing. (their coach didn't stop them from doing it either). Our team today, played with such sportsmanship. They didn't sink to that teams level, they played a fair game and won. After the game, some of the kids from the other team did not shake our teams hands. Talk about sore losers and bad sportsman like conduct.
Thursday the boys finished up another class of swimming. Avery passed level four, but is still going to take it again in January since I already signed him up. (we are trying to talk him into trying out for the swim team in January). Hunter is still in level three but doing good. He just has to work on his side breathing and his backstroke.
His class is going caroling around the east side housing on Monday night. That should be cute.
I worked all last week except Wednesday. Friday, I subbed in Avery's language arts class and he did OK with me in there. Some of the other kids were telling me that , if they were Avery , they would be embarrassed to have me sub in their class. Next week I work Monday, Tuesday and Friday. Thursday , even if they call me in, i am going to not go in. I love working as a sub, but I promised Hunter I would make some stuff for his Christmas lunch party that day. Hunter keeps asking me when i will be able to sub in his class. At least he still isn't embarrassed by me. lol.

No comments: