Monday, July 6, 2009
Sunny Day Out!
This morning, I woke both boys up around 8. I told Hunter he needed to get ready for summer school and I told Avery that we were going for a bike ride once Hunter goes to school. After some hesitation from Avery saying that he would rather stay home, I got him out of the house. Trying to keep him from playing video games all morning long. We got on our bikes and dropped Hunter off at school and proceeded to make it to the north trail of the base. (It runs three miles one way and then three back). We got to the two mile mark and were doing good, but Avery wanted to stop for a drink of water. (It started to get really hot around that time). Once we started moving again, Avery's bike shot out green slime from his tire. His tire blew. We got of the bikes and started to head back home. He was so mad about his bike. By the time we got to the youth center a street down from the school and about a 3/4 mile from our house, we were both drenched in sweat from the heat and humidity. I let Avery take my bike home, so he wouldn't have to walk the rest of the way. I told him , even though he is mad about it right now, a few years from now he will look back on it and laugh. The funnest part of the whole thing was how the tire just shot the green slime out. I didn't think there was enough pressure in the tires to shot the green slim out that far.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment